The First Year Experience Discussion Group of ACRL/NY (FYEDG) aims to offer a platform for the discussion, presentations, workshops and exchange of ideas relating to the role of the librarian in providing service to first-year students in higher education. Topics that may be considered include student preparedness and transition issues, transfer student populations, cross-campus collaborations, outreach and a wide range of literacy programs and workshops – and will include discussion on ways to reach out to students as well as teaching faculty. This group may be of interest to librarians working with first-year students in all academic settings (community colleges, four-year colleges, research universities) as well as those working in the high-school setting. We welcome suggestions for and participation in our FYEDG events and encourage newcomers to join ACRL/NY as well as ACRL national.
- Announcement: ACRL/NY Connections Spring 2014 – and new website!
- The Mission: Exploring the Mission of Academic and Research Libraries in the 21st Century Information Environment – 2017 ACRL/NY Annual Symposium – December 1, 2017
- Beinecke Information Technology Project Manager — Yale University — New Haven, CT
- RT @blinablevitan: @ACRLNY 2017 Symposium Call for Posters! acrlnyforms.wufoo.com/forms/z5jimza0… 6 days ago
- RT @lmiles: #nyc discussion: #librarylife #workplace #Diversity + #networking + end-of-yr #celebration @ACRLNY @NewLibrariansDG https://t.… 1 month ago
- RT @lmiles: need to get SERIOUS about writing? --> 5/31 Shut Up & Write! + Discussion + Networking buff.ly/2rm2OxB @ACRLNY #librari… 1 month ago